1. Discoloured water: If your water appears brown, rusty, or discolored, it might be an indication that the pipes have corroded significantly.
2. Low water pressure: Low water pressure may indicate that there are blockages or leaks within the pipes. Sometimes blockages can be rectified through cleaning or repairing pipes, but when it is extensive, repiping is necessary.
3. Frequent leaks: If you are frequently experiencing pipe leaks, it may be time to consider repiping depending on the condition of the pipes.
4. Water tastes or smells odd: When pipes corrode, minerals can leach into the water supply causing chlorine-like taste or odd aromas, which typically signal problems with water quality and means it’s time for repiping.
5. Age of pipes: Older homes may be more likely to experience pipe issues because of aging pipes or obsolete materials. Galvanized steel pipes need to be replaced about 40 years after installation.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs or are unsure whether you require a repipe, it is recommended to reach out to a licensed plumber to assess the situation and provide the relevant advice.
Request a Quote from Our Drain Master Toronto Repiping Experts Today
Repiping your house is a worthy investment in your home. If you have noticed any of the signs above and suspect that now may be the time to repipe, give Dayton Plumbing a call today us today. Our plumbing team is standing by to answer all of your questions and to provide you with trustworthy advice.