Frozen pipes can be a common issue during cold winter months.
- Hairdryer: Direct warm air towards the frozen area, starting from the faucet end and moving towards the icy area.
- Hot towels or rags: Soak towels in hot water and wrap them around the frozen pipe.
- Heat lamp or portable heater: Position a heat lamp or portable heater near the pipe to gradually raise the temperature.
- Insulate pipes in unheated or exposed areas with pipe insulation sleeves or heating tape.
- Keep cabinet doors open under sinks to allow warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Seal any gaps or cracks in walls, floors, or windows where cold air can seep in.
If you are unable to locate the frozen section, the pipe has burst, or you are uncomfortable handling the situation yourself, it’s advisable to contact Drain Master today at (905) 604-7710 for assistance. Remember, preventing frozen pipes by maintaining proper insulation and temperature is crucial during colder months.