There are several bad habits that can lead to the destruction of your air conditioner. Here are a few examples:
1. Neglecting regular maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential to ensure your air conditioner runs smoothly and efficiently. Skipping it can lead to clogs, buildup, and eventual breakdowns.
2. Closing vents and registers: Closing vents and registers can severely restrict airflow, causing strain on the system and increasing the likelihood of failure.
3. Ignoring strange noises: Strange sounds like thumps, clanks or screeches indicate abnormal operation and contribute to system breakdown.
4. Allowing dirty filters to accumulate: Dirty air filters cause reductions in indoor air quality, but also degrade HVAC performance and energy efficiency.
5. Setting the thermostat too low: Setting the thermostat too low to cool the home faster puts undue strain on the air conditioner, increasing energy consumption and wear and tear on the system.
6. Not cleaning condenser coil at the outdoor unit: A dirty condenser coil impairs heat exchange, putting additional strain on the system.
By avoiding these common bad habits, you can ensure the longevity and efficiency of your air conditioning system. Regular maintenance by a qualified technician, replacing air filters, following appropriate use and correct airflow improvements are important factors in helping maintain a properly functioning air conditioning unit.
Is Your AC Ready for Summer Heat?
Knowing what to do and what not to do with your air conditioning system is only half the battle. The other half is maintenance. Having your air conditioner professionally serviced at least once per year is key to getting the best performance and the most longevity from your system. If your AC is overdue for a maintenance appointment, now is the time to schedule with All Pro. We can ensure your AC is clean and in good repair as we head into another scorching Inland Empire summer.
it’s time to contact the Professionals at (905)-604-7710 or (416)-556-2527.